Essex Way Logo

Essex Way Relay Forum

Discussion on the Essex Way Relay

You are not logged in.

#1 20-08-2013 15:59:36

Peter Gooding
Website

Route checking 2013

I have been out and followed the Essex Way instructions for the last leg from Ramsey and Harwich. As I know the leg and can run it without thinking, I walked and ran it following exactly the route instructions from the web site. The route is not overgrown at all and the ground very hard.

Once again this year the leg will start in the field at the rear of The Kingdom Hall. This is in the interest of runners safety, with the number of teams we get now, I do not consider it safe to start at the Castle and try to cross the roundabout after only about 200 mts of running.

There a couple of changes to be added to the instructions which I will do when Graeme returns from holiday in a couple of days.

#2 04-09-2014 15:25:05

Peter Gooding
Website

Re: Route checking 2013

Leg Ten is the same as last year, (2013). At the back of Kingdom Hall the landowner has put up a fence making the footpath very narrow for the first 400 mts. Once again this year the leg will start in the lane to the side of The Kingdom Hall. We will have marshals to keep runners off the road. This is in the interest of runners safety, with the number of teams we get now, I do not consider it safe to start at the Castle and try to cross the roundabout after only about 200 mts of running.

Board footer