Essex Way Logo

Essex Way Relay Forum

Discussion on the Essex Way Relay

You are not logged in.

#1 02-09-2010 08:39:30

Andy Clarke

Essex Way 2010 Results

To all Stage organisers ... this is how to get your stage results into the overall results.

In previous years, there has been a large scoreboard, where all results are collated and displayed for all to see. With over 40 teams already entered, and more expected, this process has become unwieldy and cumbersome if a big scoreboard is to be continued.

This year, I will be collating all results on my laptop, so there won't be a large scoreboard any more.

I will, however, let you look at the laptop during the changeovers, after each stage's results have been added.

I will be recording the points awarded to each team for each stage of the relay, and this will enable me to derive positions for each category, as well as overall positions for each team.

I will be at the start and finish of every stage, and you should be able to get your results to me, simply by finding a Thrift Green Trotter and asking! I don't expect to receive the results of Stage 1 until Good Easter, as I will have to leave Ongar before the last runner arrives. This will be the pattern througout the day, so please ensure your results are sent to the end of the next stage in order for me to collate them.

I will be running Stage 5, so I won't be available from 12:45 to 14:15 (or so). But you may give Stage 3 or Stage 4 results to Paul Price or Alison Norrington.

I expect that I will be in the pub by the time the last runner arrives in Harwich for Stage 10, but you may find me at the finish of Stage 10 to give me the Stage 9 results.

Any questions, please post here.

Best Regards,

Andy

Last edited by Andy Clarke (02-09-2010 09:28:58)

#2 02-09-2010 12:04:14

Andy Clarke

Re: Essex Way 2010 Results

Looking at the results for the previous years, I want to make sure that I am applying the rules correctly for runners who don't finish, and for teams who don't send a runner for a stage.

The rules are not published on this website (at least I can't find them!), so I'm relying on memory here.

As I understand it, if a runner starts but fails to finish, they will be given the position of last place. So, if 45 runners start, and 2 runners fail to finish, then there will be points awarded 1-43 for the finishers, plus 2 runners will be awarded 45 points.

Also, if there are 45 teams entered into the relay, but only 44 runners start a particular stage, then the team with the missing runner will be awarded 46 points (no of teams +1). The same will apply if more than one team fails to send a runner. All non-starters are given 46 points.

If this is incorrect, can somebody please correct me, so that I record such cases correctly on Sunday.

Cheers,

Andy

#3 03-09-2010 17:08:17

Ian Pike

Hi Andy,

Yes I would agree with that as I believe that's how it's been applied over the years. Unless anyone strongly disagrees I would go with that.

Regards,

Ian - Benfleet RC

#4 04-09-2010 17:27:47

Sarah Colbert

Hi Andy,
Yes, that sounds right.
We should also stress anyone cheating (car hopping) will be disqualified.

See you tomorrow.

#5 05-09-2010 15:08:54

Graeme
Administrator
Website

Hope all is going well today. I felt I needed to add to this thread that the event isn't about rules but good fun competition where everyone helps each other out. Please read the home page of the website...

#6 06-09-2010 16:55:20

Graeme
Administrator
Website

are now online (provisional)

http://www.essexway.org.uk/results.php

#7 10-09-2010 09:26:18

Graeme
Administrator
Website