Essex Way Logo

Essex Way Relay Forum

Discussion on the Essex Way Relay

You are not logged in.

#1 08-09-2009 14:59:41

Paul Price
Website

Marshalling Feedback

I was the one who counted them out at Ongar and counted them back in at Good Easter. I had no issues with any runners - obviously being understanding if they took a few seconds after finishing to confirm their Club and Team Number, if it wasn't apparent from the number on their vest. I also think that our Marshall at the A414 Crossing got total co-operation from the runners, and we believe the drink station at Willingale was well received. Any comments from other clubs - good or bad - will be appreciated.

#2 27-07-2010 19:42:43

Graeme
Administrator
Website

Re: Marshalling Feedback

Updated instructions now online

#3 02-09-2010 13:47:30

Paul Price
Website

Re: Marshalling Feedback

Leg 2 - Ongar to Good Easter.

Can all Leg 2 runners and team captains please take note.

The Essex Way crosses the A414 at High Ongar Bridge about a mile out of Ongar. The route takes runners across the A414 at a blind spot for oncoming traffic. As the A414 is a busy road, and traffic is likely to be fast-moving, there will be some marshalls there to warn runners of approaching traffic. If you are told to stop by a marshall, please do so. Stop means stop running, not just slow down and try to dart in front of a car. This is one of the most dangerous spots of the Essex Way, and therefore we ask your co-operation in keeping Leg 2 as safe as possible. Thanks. Paul Price, Thrift Green

Board footer