Essex Way Logo

Essex Way Relay Forum

Discussion on the Essex Way Relay

You are not logged in.

#1 01-08-2009 21:10:57

Ian Stobirski

Lost runner

Hi all

The TRA application form asks for race organiser's to undertake to "make arrangements for knowing if any runners get lost."   This is clearly a right and proper thing to do. 

There would seem to be only 2 ways to do this:
(i) Get the representative of each team to sign in before the start time in order to participate in the race.  This would make sure that we know how many people actually start (and if any drop out on the leg or day).  We can then count people in at the finish and make sure the numbers tally.
(ii) Count the number of runners starting at the beginning (probably easiest done in a narrow bit of the trail near the start) and then tally at the end.

However, I would like to know how everyone else proposes to do this.   It would be good if we all take the same approach.  I do not think we can assume that the number of applications will equal the number of teams that actually run on the day.

Thx

Ian

#2 03-08-2009 13:55:05

Graeme
Administrator
Website

Re: Lost runner

I had assumed this would be the same as previous years (your second suggestion) seemed to have worked ok.

#3 03-08-2009 21:27:40

Ian Stobirski

Thx

we will count the runners in and out.  I think we should all do that as we will not know if someone drops out.

Ian

#4 07-08-2009 18:31:58

David Game

Counting runners at the start and finish of each leg works fine. The runners are supposed to recce each leg before the race, and teams are responsible for their own runners, those that are unsure can run with a "buddy" if they wish.

#5 25-08-2009 10:56:55

Sarah Colbert

Don't we all wear numbers? I know I have done in the past, and they're written on a sheet at the start.
The numbers are usually home made affairs and runners supply their own pins.

Board footer