Essex Way Logo

Essex Way Relay Forum

Discussion on the Essex Way Relay

You are not logged in.

#1 03-09-2012 09:37:31

Andy Clarke

Results 2012

Thanks to all for your compilation of the stage results ... I believe I now have the definitive version, based upon what I've received.

However, there is one issue with Stage 4. Team 27 (East London) is recorded as finishing twice, in positions 11 and 37. Looking at the missing teams, I suspect one of these positions is team 21 (Springfield), but may possibly be 23, 53 or 13.

If your team is missing from this stage, this is why. It would be good to sort out the real positions here.

I am about to email the results to Graeme for publication here. As always, I'm happy to review any problems, or missing teams, in conjunction with the organising team.

My apologies for the non-appearance of results as the day went by. By the time I'd found the time to hook up my (new work) laptop to the printer, I discovered that it was set up to only add printers on the office network, so I was unable to produce printed results as last year. I will work out a better way for next year.

As always, any questions, I'll try and answer.

Cheers,

Andy

Last edited by Andy Clarke (03-09-2012 09:45:12)

#2 03-09-2012 18:29:51

Graeme
Administrator
Website

Re: Results 2012

Will try to get results online ASAP but really busy at work so maybe the weekend before I get to a computer

#3 03-09-2012 21:10:09

Fiona Sutherland

Hi Andy

As a recorder of finishers at the end of leg 4 together with Grange Farm I apologise for the inclusion of East London twice - I cannot recall which position they were actually in, perhaps their runner has a better idea. Teams 2,11,13,21,23,35 and 53 had declared they had no runner on this stage prior to the start - when we had 47 instead of 46 finishers which I was expecting I just assumed that someone else had turned up. I don't suppose a second East London runner just ran this leg for fun!!
Sorry about the error!

Fiona

#4 07-09-2012 11:05:59

Andy Clarke

Message for Fiona:

I've since heard back from East London directly, and they actually had two additional runners on this leg, running for fun!

It's never an easy task recording the finishers, especially with so many others milling around, and it's easy to miss a runner if their number has come off, which seemed very common this year! A duplicate can happen as in this case, but it's also possible if the runner from the next stage happens to run through the previous finish during warm-up.

We can only record what we see on a best endeavours basis. It's supposed to be a fun event, and a finishing funnel shouldn't be necessary, and not even practical in some cases.

We learn every year, and hope to improve for next year.

Andy

#5 11-09-2012 10:58:48

Graeme
Administrator
Website

Results are now on the site - http://www.essexway.org.uk/results.php

Board footer