Essex Way Logo

Essex Way Relay Forum

Discussion on the Essex Way Relay

You are not logged in.

#1 26-07-2009 18:16:11

Sarah Colbert

Change to route description of Stage 7

Hi folks,

We went out this weekend and checked the route from West Bergholt to Dedham.
We bumped into some Benfleet runners and saw some Harwich peeps at the monument.
We found some alterations had to be made throughout the route and I have e-mailed Graeme with the chances.
There are no changes to the route, just some houses which have been re-painted and some new marker posts installed, but thought we should start as we mean to go on.

With regards to parking, we suggest that runners park in New Church Road and the adjacent Memorial Hall which is off Chapel Road, TL 959279 and walk 5 minutes backwards down The Essex Way to the church for the start. This will save alot of hassle at the farm and down the lane, and will hopefully ease our relationship with the locals.
Please ask your runners to car share as much as possible, as we don't want to jeopordise the event, and pass on this info.

Cheers,

Sarah C
Springfield Striders.

#2 03-08-2009 15:08:19

Graeme
Administrator
Website

Re: Change to route description of Stage 7

Ammended instructions now online.

#3 25-08-2009 11:00:40

Sarah Colbert

Please, please could runners be sensible and park away from the church. We really can't accomodate the quantity of cars down the lane. There have been complaints in the past. There are penty of alternatives off Lexden Road where the enclosed footpath on paragraph 1 crosses into New Church Rd.
Everyone who has route checked this leg will know where I mean. It's a 5 min walk to the start from there.

#4 17-07-2012 09:24:13

Sarah Colbert

Another year, another route check and this time on LEG 7, there are a couple of slight direction changes.
I have e-mailed Graeme the updated route, and I'm sure he will change the current one to the corrected one.
It won't be much of a change to those who know this route, but it may help those who need to use the route notes to navigate on the day.

#5 25-08-2012 07:59:59

Graeme
Administrator
Website

confirm updated version went online on the 14th Aug

Board footer