Essex Way Logo

Essex Way Relay Forum

Discussion on the Essex Way Relay

You are not logged in.

#1 06-09-2010 14:04:32

Robert Teer

Green Lane near Maltings Farm

I gather that most runners were again using the incorrect route approaching Maltings Farm (para 8 - end of line 1/start of line 2) - apart from cheating it negates all the good work done on that stretch by Fiona & Howard plus the considerable efforts of Janet Hill in her role of Public Rights of Way Officer with Braintree. I know that once one runner takes the easy option others feel obliged to follow so as not to disadvantage themselves; so - I'd like to make the following suggestions:

1. Have a marshal stationed where runners should leave the main farm track - disqualification for anyone who disregards their instruction.

or...

2. If that's too draconian have a marshal on the farm track near the farm to give them the choice of going back or being penalised, say, 5 places (a la motor racing model!)

#2 06-09-2010 14:36:31

Sarah Colbert

Re: Green Lane near Maltings Farm

Hello Robert,
That is one consideration of several that we have to cover before next year's event. It's suggestions like that which will help the organising clubs to implement to maintain the sense of sportsmanship that you started in the Essex running community.

Good to see the Nomads in a more relaxed mode yesterday.

Board footer